Traveletters: Italy (Summer 2021)
Have you ever gotten stuck when trying to come up with lettering ideas? Does your work lack originality or character? With Traveletters, you will stop getting Art Blocks and start breaking through them. What we provide to you is a detailed 4-week guide that will lead you towards confidence, freedom of believing in your creativity, and let loose! A new, fresh style as unique as you!
CREATE NEW LETTERING STYLES: Our online course will not only help you learn how to refine your existing techniques and experiment with fresh ideas, but you’ll also uncover key tools and techniques for creating new lettering.
BE YOUR BEST CREATIVE SELF: With Traveletters you can enliven your creativity by learning to develop your own clear and confident approach to letter design, utilize tools and techniques that make drawing letters easier and more diverse, carve letters from blocks, build grid samples, and more! Endless possibilities await you.
LETTERING OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS: Keep your fonts updated as Traveletters virtually takes you to four inspiration-rich cities. This lettering program will show you how to turn photo inspiration into an impressive lettering style, where you will design works of art and explore uncharted territory with never-ending lettering techniques.
BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE: Traveletters is an effective lettering program that introduces you to the classic art of lettering. It gives you a step-by-step walkthrough to elevate your letter-craft game. Take your lettering skills to the next level and give your creativity the boost it deserves
GET FEEDBACK ON YOUR WORK: With Traveletters, you will get constructive feedback on your homework projects, so you can spend more time learning new things and less time stressing over how well you did.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, if you’re ready to add more depth, variety, and richness to your lettering work and are looking for something new to inspire you, join us today!
The following will be covered in this course:
- Week 1: Rome – Geometric Patterning Method
- Train your observation skills to spot patterns from photo inspirations and learn to create a working pattern to form your letters.
- Week 2: Verona – Type Figure Detection
- Train your observation skill to detect letter figures from photo inspirations and learn to refine and create polished letter designs.
- Week 3: Pisa – Grid Structure Building
- Learn the principles and techniques to build your letter grid using features from your photo inspirations.
- Week 4: Venice – Subtractive Lettering Method
- Learn the subtractive method of carving out your letters with elements from your photo inspirations.
- 4 Live Zoom Sessions, 2-hours each
- July 31, August 7, August 14, and August 21, 2021
- 6:00 am (PST) / 9:A00 am (EST) / 1:00 pm (GMT) / 9:00 pm (PHT)
- Lifetime access to session recordings
- Weekly homework & constructive feedback on projects
- Access to exclusive WhatsApp group
- Printable worksheets
- 2 Live feedback sessions
- Compiled alphabet guide sheets
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.